Thursday 11 August 2011

Wesley Sneijder admits to unofficial talks between Inter & Manchester United


Dutch international is uncertain whether summer transfer will go ahead but admits his club would sell to the Premier League champions for the right price 


By Miles Chambers 

Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder has admitted that there have been 'unofficial talks' between the Coppa Italia holders and Premier League champions Manchester United.

The 27-year-old midfielder has a contract until the summer of 2015 with Inter but, as Goal.com revealed in July, the Italian giants are ready to sell if a €40 million bid comes in.

When asked whether he'd be open to a move to United, Sneijder said that a formal offer hasn't been made yet, although he admitted that both clubs have been in touch about a summer transfer.

"Manchester United haven't made a formal approach as such. There's a chance that there have been unofficial talks though," revealed Sneijder to NOS.

"There's always contact," continued the former Real Madrid ace when questioned about a direct approach from United. "I don't know whether I'm interested in leaving the club. If something crosses my path, I have enough time to take a decision about it."

Sneijder then went on to say that a transfer is no certainty as there's a good chance that he will stay at Giuseppe Meazza, but added that it's up to Inter whether it want to sell or hold on to him.

"I am an Inter player now and the chance that I will still be with Inter on August 31 is pretty big. There's also a chance that I will leave the club though.

"That doesn't really have anything to do with me, but is down to Inter. They have been pretty clear that they will have to let go of me if a good offer comes in. They don't want me to leave, but there's a chance that they will sell me if the price is right."
Sneijder's comments come only days after he first admitted that Inter could be forced to cash in on him in order to solve its difficult financial situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment