Friday 12 August 2011

Blackburn signing Goodwillie: Rooney? I am more like big Dunc!

12.08.11 | tribalfootball.com



Blackburn Rovers signing David Goodwillie has no problem being likened toManchester United starWayne Rooney.
Rovers boss Steve Kean made the comparison yesterday.
Goodwillie would love to emulate Rooney’s feats but his career mirrors that of his hero Duncan Ferguson.
The former Everton and Newcastle striker was also born in Stirling, played for the same boy’s club team and then starred for Dundee United and Rangers before heading to England following troubles on and off the pitch.
Goodwillie felt he needed a change too after gaining a similar bad-boy image.
He said: “I needed a fresh start in a new country.
“A big factor in coming here is being away from the spotlight.
“If I’d stayed in Scotland, I don’t know if I could have gone shopping in Tesco without getting hassled.
“It would be a bonus to achieve what Duncan did.
“I think Rooney is in a different world, but it’s always a nice compliment to be compared with him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment