Friday 12 August 2011

Chelsea target Luka Modric insists he is ‘still waiting’ outcome of Tottenham future but hopes Robbie Keane remains at club

Croatian international hopeful a conclusion to transfer speculation will come soon and wants Irish striker to remain at White Hart Lane despite rumors linking him with a move away

Aug 11, 2011 4:12:00 PM

By Simon Sinclair

EPL, Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur, Luka Modric
Getty
Luka Modric has revealed he is still waiting to hear over whether his future lies with Tottenham following months of speculation surrounding a desired move to Chelsea.

The Croatian international has been linked with moves to Chelsea and Manchester United, with the Blues having a bid in the region of £25 million rejected by Spurs.
When asked about his future Modric would not been drawn on the talk but he hoped that a resolution would be quickly found.
"I don't want to talk about that. I said before what I think and that's it," he told RTE Sport. "I said a lot of things before and still everything is the same at the moment. I will see, I'm still waiting."
The midfielder also praised club teammate Robbie Keane and is hopeful the veteran striker will stay at White Hart Lane despite rumors of him being surplus to requirement in North London.
Speaking after winning his 48th cap in the 0-0 draw in Dublin last night, Modric said: "Robbie showed that he is a great player. He showed tonight how important he is for Ireland. He is a great lad as well.
"I would like him to stay but I know he wants to play. If that is not possible at Tottenham, he will probably try to find other options but I would like him to stay and to play for us. He's a great player, what can I say, I don't know what will happen."

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment