Tuesday 23 August 2011

Man Utd skipper Evra: De Gea excellent against Tottenham


Manchester United skipper Patrice Evra was delighted for David De Gea after his clean sheet for victory overTottenham.
The young goalkeeper had come in for criticism after the goals he conceded against Manchester City andWest Bromwich Albion, but in his competitive home debut at Old Trafford the Spanish Under-21 international shone.
“He was very good, with his feet, with everything,” Evra told manutd.com. “I said to him afterwards that the crowd was behind him. That’s important and you have to say thank you to all the fans. He was really pleased with that.
“I told him not to worry – English football is never easy. I remember my debut against City. It was very difficult. After the first 45 minutes the boss told me to sit down and watch and learn. Sometimes you have a good day and sometimes you have a bad day. But I’m confident because David has a big talent and we’re going to help him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment