Wednesday 24 August 2011

Man Utd defender Smalling happy with right-back role

24.08.11 | tribalfootball.com



Manchester United defender Chris Smalling is delighted with the way he has started the season.
Smalling dominated Tottenham starGareth Bale at right-back for United's victory on Monday night.
He told manutd.com: "I want to play more games than last year. I played a good number in my first season but hopefully I can kick on and start to cement a place in the team.
“There are going to be people who pick up injuries or lose form this season and I think it’s down to us to step in and hopefully make the manager choose not to take you out of the team.
"It’s great for my confidence to be able to feature in so many games. There’s always a pressure here and a drive to win and I think a lot of the young players, including myself, will rise to that."

No comments:

Post a Comment