Wednesday 6 July 2011

Man Utd legend Neville: Scholes retired too soon

06.07.11 | tribalfootball.com



Manchester United legend Gary Neville feels Paul Scholes could have played on next season.
Scholes hung up his boots after the Champions League final.
Neville told the Manchester Evening News: "He’s gone too early for me because, as a fan, I would like to see him play every single game. He mesmerises me with the way he plays football. So simple and yet so brilliant.
“But for him it is the right time. He is someone who doesn’t like fuss. He is set in his ways and when he makes a decision he will stick to it.
“He didn’t like sitting on the bench but he felt it was the right time for him to retire and that is the most important thing.
“He has got such incredible high standards, and he is tough on himself.
“I’m not sure what is coaching role is going to be but I’m sure he will grow into it and surprise a lot of people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment