Wednesday 6 July 2011

Man Utd legend Neville: I did not think we would win title last season

06.07.11 | tribalfootball.com



Manchester United legend Gary Neville admits he doubted their title chances after the first two months of last season.
Neville hung up his boots in the New Year.
He told the Manchester Evening News: “If you had asked me in October would we win the league I would have replied ‘I’m not sure’. That was not being negative.
"It was based on the way we were playing away from home at that time, the fact we were picking up injuries, we were not consistent, we were conceding goals our play was not of a high standard.
“But then you should always rely on the fact that Manchester United hang in there.
“I remember my last game at West Brom, we were a disaster.
“How we won that match I will never know. But then that is Manchester United.
“It has defined our last 15-20 years, winning when we don’t play well, finding a way to win and then come February and March the team hits form.
“In October Chelsea were double winners and they were six or seven points clear, Arsenalwere playing well at that point and you thought this could be tough for us this year. So it was a great championship triumph.”

No comments:

Post a Comment