Friday 8 July 2011

I couldn’t say no to Man Utd – ex-Celtic midfielder Miller

08.07.11 | Andrew Slevison



Former Celtic midfielder Liam Miller finds it hard to believe that he still cops stick from the clubs supporters for leaving back in 2004.
The 30-year old, who recently signed a deal with A-League club Perth Glory, departed Parkhead to joinManchester United when he was 23 and for some reason he still gets it from the Hoops faithful.
On the eve of a return bout withCeltic in Perth, Miller has spoken out about his decision to leave for one of the world’s biggest clubs.
"I hope I don't get stick from the Celtic fans,” he said.
"People are entitled to their opinion, that's just the way football is. But I am surprised that I still get a bit of stick.
"Celtic fans always tell me I should have stayed, but I don't have a crystal ball. You can't say no to Manchester United and I didn't.
"It was a great opportunity and while it didn't work out the way I hoped, I have no regrets about leaving Celtic when I did.
"I'm glad I went to United. I've played with some really big clubs since then and I've been delighted at how my career has gone.
"It's pointless thinking of what might have been. It was United and it was impossible to say No."
During his time at Old Trafford, Miller had a loan spell with Leeds United before moving on to SunderlandQPR and Hibernian prior to joining the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment