Friday 9 September 2011

Sturridge insists Chelsea can match Man Utd, Man City in title race

09.09.11

Danny Sturridge says Chelseaare the equals of Premier League leadersManchester United andManchester City.

And he insists Fernando Torres will score regularly for the Blues this season.

He told the Mirror: “Manchester United and Manchester City have set a formidable pace this season, but don’t be in any doubt that Chelsea have the firepower to compete with them.

“I can guarantee that Fernando will score goals if we give him the right service, Didier Drogba is a proven class act at the highest level and I would like to think I can get among the goals for Chelsea.

“This is a big season for me - I proved I could do it for Bolton, and given the chance I would love to show I can do it for Chelsea as well.

“We’re fighting to get our title back and we’re not going to let the two Manchester clubs have it all their own way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment