Monday 5 September 2011

Man Utd ace Nani: I never strive to match Ronaldo

05.09.11 | tribalfootball.com


Manchester United winger Nani wants an end to comparisons with Real Madridstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

While optimistic about what lies ahead for him this season, Nani also sought to end comparisons with his compatriot and former team‑mate Ronaldo.

Nani told Inside United: "For five years, every time the question is the same. It's all about Ronaldo. You have to be him. Are you doing the same? Do you think you can do it now?

"Always when I do something good it's the same. When I do OK, it's nothing. When I do something very good, they come with this question about him. But it's OK. It doesn't change anything in me. This is my fifth year here and people know what I can do. Sometimes I play a nice game, sometimes I play not such a fantastic game, but I think everyone knows me and what I can do. Maybe my form has to be more consistent and my performances in the past should be like that.

"Now I'm in this position I'm more confident, more consistent. I can do for 90 minutes what in the past I just did for 45, and that's the most important thing.

"I don't need to show anything to anyone because I know who I am, which player I am, and now I just need to put everything on the pitch. When I do that, I do it for me, for my family and for my team. Of course I know when I do that, it's always for the fans as well. They take everything good from the game. They love goals and skills as well. But I don't do it for the media because when you try to do it for the media, nothing goes well. I think the most important thing is to be natural and play the way you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment