Tuesday 6 September 2011

Man Utd midfielder Cleverley delighted with personal form

06.09.11 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley is delighted with the way he's started the season.

His form has seen Cleverley called into the England squad.

"Getting into the team has always been my target and I've done that now. Maybe it's happened a little bit more quickly than some people expected, but I have to carry on working hard now if I want to stay in the team," Cleverley told United's official website.

"I understand there'll be squad rotation, but I want to play as many games as possible.

"I feel I improved during this pre-season, I'm still the same player and I'm still the same guy. Just because I'm playing in United's first team, that doesn't all of a sudden make me a great footballer.

"It's a bit strange when people are talking about you and you see your name in the papers, but in my head I'm still the same footballer who was sent out on loan to Wigan last year. The only difference is that I'm turning out for Manchester United now.

"I don't feel any extra pressure. I'm just coming to training every day and playing when asked to at the weekend.

"I definitely don't feel as though I've made it. I'm still enthusiastic and hungry to learn. If people are saying good things about me then that's great. It's better than being criticised! Even though you've been at United a while, the first-team dressing room is new territory."

No comments:

Post a Comment