Thursday 8 September 2011

Man Utd boss Ferguson: No-one will replace me - because I will never retire!


Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits retirement is not in his thoughts.
Fergie will clock up 25 years as Manchester United boss on November 6.
Plenty of other names have been mentioned as possible successors over the last quarter of a century.
But Fergie has seen them all off and insists he will keep modern-day pretenders to his throne such as Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola waiting for a while longer yet.
Ferguson said: "Over the years I've had the question who do I think could replace me?
"Now some of the coaches who people were talking about to replace me don't have jobs any more.
"So it becomes very difficult because someone who I think has potential may be sacked by his club and disappear.
"I think you would need someone very experienced in the long-term.
"But I have absolutely no idea... and anyway I'm not retiring!"

No comments:

Post a Comment