Tuesday 6 September 2011

Man Utd hero Butt planning to enter management

06.09.11 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United legend Nicky Butt admits he's eyeing a move into management.

The highly-decorated former United midfielder is well on the way to achieving UEFA A licence status – and he has targeted a management job as the next stage of his career after playing.

He told the People: “It appeals to me a lot and that’s what I’m working towards. I’m doing a few nights at United’s Academy and then I’ll do workshops I need for my assessment to complete the licence.

“Maybe starting in the Championship would be too big a step at this stage, but I definitely feel I could do a job in League One.’’

Butt, who was in the frame to begin his managerial career at Oldham before they plumped for Paul Dickov, added: “I’ve worked under the best manager ever, so I’m certain I’ve learned things that will stand me in good stead.”

No comments:

Post a Comment