Friday 9 September 2011

Bolton winger Eagles: Man Utd boss Ferguson was great for me

09.09.11


Bolton Wanderers winger Chris Eagles is ready to face former clubManchester United tomorrow.

Eagles admits flying the nest at Old Trafford was a surreal experience, having been fathered for so long bySir Alex Ferguson and his staff.

“It was kind of weird because I had grown up with him all through my childhood with him there,” he told theBolton News.

“I would ring him for advice, even if I was in trouble at school. He was always there.

“If you look at the players who are playing now, they all listen to him. He has shown he is the best manager in the world and you can't buy that experience.

“I am sure if I was to ring him up now he'd still give me advice; what I should do or what I am doing wrong. He was like that all the time.

“I’ll admit, I got a few rollickings.”

No comments:

Post a Comment