Monday 31 October 2011

Hernandez: Fans' Q&A


Javier Hernandez answers fans' questions on a range of topics...
What was your 'C' celebration about after the first goal at Bolton?
It was for my sister. Her name is Ana Silvia but the nickname I have for her starts with the letter 'C'. That's why I made that shape. I wanted to dedicate that goal to her because she's a very important part of my life.
Who would you say is your closest friend at the club and why?
I'd have to say Antonio Valencia and also recently David De Gea. Obviously we can all speak Spanish and communicate well with each other. But I'm the sort of guy who tries to have a good relationship with as many people as possible, and think I'm friendly with everyone. Actually, I feel like Wayne Rooney and I are building a good relationship - off the pitch as well as on it.
What was derby day like in Mexico?
We have two big derbies in Guadalajara. For Chivas, the one against Club America is like United v Liverpool - the rivalry is down to success and trophies. But the games against Club Atlas are like United v City: a local rivalry. They were huge games, and I felt more passionately about the Atlas ones because it was for local pride and I had played against those teams all through my youth years. Derbies are unbelievable in Mexico - there's so much noise and colour, and all week that's the only thing people speak about.

No comments:

Post a Comment