Saturday 5 November 2011

Man Utd legend Beckham: Fergie's flying boot soon forgotten

Sat, 11/05/2011

Manchester United legend David Beckham says getting a boot in the face from Sir Alex Fergusonhasn't hurt their relationship.

The LA Galaxy star, who was sold to Real Madrid shortly after the spat, admits the incident was soon forgotten.

Beckham, 36, said: "He wanted to kill me at times, I'm sure, but he was a father figure to me and he was also the man who gave me the chance of playing for my dream club.

"There are no hard feelings from me about the boot in the face thing. It was forgotten straight away, within the club and within the team.

"There were other people who continued to speculate and talk about it but, with me and the boss, it had been forgotten the day after.

"The fear of getting the hairdryer was the reason why we all played so well.

"He was a manager you wanted to do well for."

Former England skipper Becks added: "It was a bit icy the first time I came back with Real Madrid, but that went very quickly.

"There is a lot of warmth between us now."

No comments:

Post a Comment