Saturday 5 November 2011

Man Utd defender Evans: I can't imagine anyone else in our dugout

Sat, 11/05/2011

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans admits the players have no idea how it be with a different manager in charge.

Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates a staggering 25 years in the Old Trafford hotseat this weekend. It means that for 23-year-old Evans, the Scot is the only boss he has ever known at the club he has supported since birth. And, whilst there will come a day when Ferguson is no longer in charge, the Northern Ireland star simply cannot imagine what that will be like.

"I don't think anyone can imagine what it will be like with someone else in the dugout," said Evans. "I have supported United all my life. He is the only manager I have known. It will be weird to see the club without him. He owns that seat."

He added: "I don't suppose he would, but he has never given us any indication he was thinking about stopping. What would he do? He could travel the world but I am sure he would much rather be sat at Old Trafford."

No comments:

Post a Comment