Thursday 27 October 2011

Man Utd defender Smalling wants Great Britain place

Thu, 10/27/2011

Manchester United defender Chris Smalling admits he wants to play for Great Britain in the London Olympics.

With the Games on the doorstep of the Greenwich-born defender’s manor, it would be a career highlight.

“I have to say that England is not my first target at the moment and neither are the Olympics. United is what I am thinking about,” Smalling told the Manchester Evening News. “But towards the end of the season I will be looking towards that and hopefully I might get into the England squad. Obviously I’d love to go there.

“There is also the Olympics as well. A lot of the lads who went to the Under-21 Championships last summer will be able to play in it.

“Whether it is the Euros, the Olympics, or both – you would like to be involved because these opportunities do not come around too often.”

No comments:

Post a Comment