Monday 31 October 2011

Lindegaard still living the dream


Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard loving Old Trafford life

Lindegaard signed for United in November 2010. (©GettyImages)

Anders Lindegaard is still loving life as a Manchester United player, despite being restricted to a bit-part role at Old Trafford.
The Danish goalkeeper joined the Red Devils from Aalesund in November of last year to fulfil a long-held personal and professional ambition.
However, Lindegaard has made only five appearances for United having first been recruited as back-up to Edwin van der Sar, before David De Gea arrived as the Dutchman's replacement.
Lindgaard, though, realises how lucky he is to play for such a famous club, and takes great joy from simply going into training each day.
“First of all I have to say it’s a great honour to play for Manchester United and I’m very proud to be part of this club," the 27-year-old told ManUtd.com.
"If I look back to where I was one year ago I would have cut my right arm off to be in the position I’m in at the moment.
"I’m so pleased to be a part of this club and this team. I’ve always been a United fan so it’s a dream come true and I enjoy every day I spend here."
He added: “United isn’t just a big club, it’s also a club that takes good care of you, especially when you first arrive.
"There are people to help you in every way you could imagine.
"No matter what problem you may have there is someone to turn to and help you adapt to life here, not just on the pitch but off it as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment