Saturday 6 August 2011

Man Utd legend Scholes thanks fans for attending testimonial

06.08.11 | tribalfootball.com



Manchester United legend Paul Scholes thanked fans for attending his testimonial last night.
Scholes may famously shun the limelight but he took to the microphone on the pitch at the final whistle to thank the sell-out crowd and those who had helped him in his illustrious career.
"Over the last 16-17 years, the fans have always been great to me," he said. "I just hope I can give them some memories.
"I want to say 'thank you' to quite a few people - the manager, coaching staff, everybody involved with the club have been great to me over the years and I can't say how grateful I am for that.
"To the players - I've been privileged to play with so many good players at this club, it's been a great pleasure. To my family, who mean the world to me and also the people who organised tonight as I know how much hard work has gone into this. And, finally, to Eric and his New York Cosmos for being able to put a team together. Also I'd like to thank Nicky Butt and Gary Neville, it was great playing with them over the years.
"I just want to say 'thank you' to everyone. The goal was nice, that's what I say it's about memories. I just hope I've given the fans some decent memories. It was a really nice goal and I was pleased with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment