Friday 29 July 2011

Scholes: Man Utd do not need to replace me - I have been passenger for 5 years

29.07.11 | tribalfootball.com



Manchester United legend Paul Scholes feelsSir Alex Ferguson doesn't need to buy a replacement for him.
Scholes hung up the boots at the end of last season.
He told the Manchester Evening News, "I don’t think it is a big deal really replacing me because I haven’t been the type of player people are talking about for the last four or five years. I haven’t been scoring goals or been the main playmaker in the team for a while. I don’t think I actually need replacing in that way at all.
"I wasn’t the pulling the strings anymore, definitely in the last two years and probably even since I was 31-32. I haven’t been as prominent in the side. I wasn’t scoring the goals and I wasn't making the goals. I think people are obsessed with having to replace me.
"If you look at the facts over the last couple of years. I haven’t played in the big games. So I don’t think there is that much that needs replacing."

No comments:

Post a Comment