Saturday 30 July 2011

Carrick insists Man Utd can handle Scholes retirement

30.07.11 | tribalfootball.com



Michael Carrick saysManchester United will survive the retirement of Paul Scholes.
Carrick believes that United will be able to cope - just as they did whenCristiano Ronaldo left for Real Madridin an £80million deal back in July 2009.
He said: "When Cristiano left, they said, 'You can't replace him because of the player he is' - but you have to adapt as a squad and as a team.
"We have lost Scholesy but we've got to adapt. I'm not going to play like Scholesy because that's not my game - and neither will Anderson or Ryan Giggs.
"You have to adapt in different ways and I'm sure we will do that. I'm not going to change as a player, that's the way I am. You are your own character, personality and player.
"I'll just keep doing the things I do. It has been successful over the years, so it won't change how I do things."

No comments:

Post a Comment