Saturday 30 July 2011

Gill insists Man Utd not bothered by £400M Etihad Man City deal

30.07.11 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United chief David Gill insists they're not bothered by Manchester City's world record Etihad Airways deal.
The £400 million agreement has drawn the ire of Liverpool and Arsenal.
Not that Gill is expressing any concern.
"We are supportive of financial fair play," he said. "We worked with UEFA for many months on proposals that were acceptable to the clubs and the organisation.
"For the long-term good of the game, I don't think people can argue with the concept of breaking even.
"I don't know enough about the Manchester City deal and I don't get vexed about it.
"I have enough worries about what we are doing. That is what matters to me."



No comments:

Post a Comment