Monday 25 July 2011

Ashley Young: I have gotten off to a good start at Manchester United


Former Aston Villa winger is happy with his contribution in his first couple of games for the club, and is enjoying playing alongside his England teammates at Old Trafford 


New Manchester United signing Ashley Young believes he has started his time at the club on the right foot after his £16 million from Aston Villa.

The England winger has impressed in his first two appearances for Sir Alex Ferguson's side in its tour of North America and is determined to prove his worth.

"The club showed interest in me for a reason," he said, according to the Daily Mail. "They’ve seen something in me, so I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing and take my game to another level."

"I think I’ve done myself proud in the two games, and hopefully I can carry on. I’ve always wanted to challenge myself, play in the Champions League and challenge for the title," he continued. "I can’t wait for the next games and to get into the Premier League season."

With Three Lions teammates Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Rio Ferdinand at Old Trafford, Young feels at home.

"I’ve started really well and it’s an easy place to settle," he added. "I play with a few of the boys for England and that helps. As soon as you get into the team and start training you can see that they all want to win. It makes you want to go out and do the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment