Friday 23 September 2011

Man City midfielder Hargreaves raps Man Utd over knee injury treatment

Fri, 09/23/2011

Manchester City midfielder Owen Hargreaves feels Manchester United poorly handled his knee injury.

Hargreaves claimed that a series of injections at United in the summer of 2008 ruined his time at the club.

He told the Daily Mail: "I had a bit of a tendon problem. I played and it got a little bit worse. We treated it and it got significantly worse after that through the injections I had. After that my tendon was never the same."

The injections of a solution into ligaments is an established medical procedure aimed at stiffening and strengthening the tissues, but Hargreaves added: "After the injections, they said my tendon was good but it felt like I was made out of glass. That obviously had a huge impact.

"That was surgery and that was 18 months gone."

No comments:

Post a Comment