Thursday 14 July 2011

Manchester United signing Young delighted with winning debut

14.07.11 | tribalfootball.com
Manchester United signing Ashley Young was delighted with a winning debut against theNew England Revolution.
Young performed well in the friendly triumph.
And Young said: "Of course, it’s always a nice feeling putting on aManchester United shirt.
"There weren’t any nerves. I’ve gone into the game as I normally do, playing the normal same way. I’ve done that again tonight. I wasn’t nervous at all.
"It’s a pre-season game and about fitness and I’ll build on this. It felt good. I couldn’t wait to get out there and make my debut.
"I’m delighted to have made it and get a good run-out under my belt. I wanted to build my confidence and get to know the players even more and I felt I did that."
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson praised Young after the match and he added: "As a winger, you want to set up the strikers and midfielders and I felt I’ve done that tonight. The strikers were great, especially in the second half, to finish the game off.
"Of course, it’s down to the manager who picks the team but it’s all about fitness at the end of the day.
"The next few games are about preparing ourselves well for the season ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment