Friday 2 September 2011

Man Utd’s Fletcher to captain Scotland tomorrow

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher will return to the Scotland national team tomorrow.

The 27-year old has been sidelined for months with a stomach virus but has slowly worked his way back to full fitness and is set to lead Scotland out in the Euro2012 qualifier against the Czech Republic at Hampden Park on Saturday.

He also feels that he will be in good enough shape to take on Lithuania on Tuesday.

"I'm captain of the team and I feel I can bring a lot to the team. I have had a good pre-season and feel as fit as ever,” he said.

"I feel confident I can play in both games. I'm fit and ready and have worked hard to get back to full fitness.”

Scotland manager Craig Levein said it was not difficult to select Fletcher after he showed in training that he is ready to play.

"It was an easy decision to pick him. I have no concerns at all as it's a huge bonus to have Fletcher leading the team,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment