Friday 2 September 2011

Fletcher fit again


Manchester United – Darren Fletcher says he’s finally recovered from mystery illness

By Vanessa Keller  September 02, 2011
Fletcher speaks to Sir Alex Ferguson. (©PAphotos)

Darren Fletcher has revealed he is back to full fitness, after being struck down by a mystery stomach virus back in March.
Fletcher has been included in the Scotland squad this weekend for their Euro 2012 qualifiers with Czech Republic and Lithuania, after working with a fitness coach at Manchester United over the pre-season.
The midfielder has played for the United reserve squad against Arsenal and Swansea this season, and despite some arguing that he shouldn’t play in such a competitive capacity this weekend, Fletcher believes that he is ready to get back into top level football.
"I have 53 caps so I know what to expect at this level,” Fletcher said.
"I'm the captain - I feel I bring a lot to the team in terms of communication. I feel as fit as I ever have, I feel strong.
"Players have had one or two more matches than me but I don't believe that's a problem."
Fletcher has only featured for United four times since contracting the illness, but the 27-year-old believes he is fitter than ever after a successful pre-season, and can’t wait to get back into the first team.
"I feel as fit as I have done in more than a year. I've had a fantastic pre-season, it was more of a personal pre-season.
"I worked very hard and I've come through both reserve games without a problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment