Tuesday 17 April 2012

Ex-Man Utd defender Blanc keeps door ajar for Chelsea job

Tue, 04/17/2012

France national team coach Laurent Blanc has indicated that he could be open to returning to club coaching at some stage.

The former Manchester United, Barcelona, Marseille and Inter Milan defender is being linked with theChelsea job currently held by Roberto Di Matteo. Despite suggesting he is solely focused on this summer’s European Championships with Les Bleus, ex-Bordeaux boss Blanc has left the door ajar for a possible move to England.

"My intention is to continue with the France team. I have not changed my mind," Blanc stated in an interview with Le Parisien.

"But the situation is that my contract has not yet been extended. And I'm not the kind of guy who will keep tapping at the door. If it's clear, it's clear.

"It is always gratifying to be appreciated by big clubs. My goal is the Euro. I am completely focused on this competition.

"If an exceptional challenge is proposed to me, I can very well decide to leave the French team. But that is not the case at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment