Wednesday 22 February 2012

Evans credits new fitness regime for personal Man Utd fight-back

Wed, 02/22/2012

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans admits he's feeling stronger during games this season.

Evans says his fitness regime is playing a part in his renaissance.

“I have had a long run of games and I feel a lot better for it,” he told the Manchester Evening News. “I have also done a lot of work in the gym trying to get stronger and quicker. I feel physically fit.

“In the past when I have been in and out of the team after a few sprints it then takes you five or ten minutes to get your legs back. They turn to jelly and you cannot just get there.

“At the end of matches in the past I have been sat in the changing room for about half an hour trying to get my legs back together because they’d be shaking.

“But I have been doing extra work. Getting into training early and I am feeling the benefit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment