Monday 19 December 2011

Man Utd legend Keane can't hide Ferguson feud

Mon, 12/19/2011

Manchester United legend Roy Keane has explained turning down an invitation to attend a dinner in honour of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Keane has continued his feud with Ferguson through the press this week.

He told the Sunday Times: "The way it ended, I couldn’t have gone and sat there like everything was great. He (Ferguson) would come and we all stand up and clap. I couldn’t have done that.

"I’ve got a son and I always thought I’d go back and watch some games with him. Apart from two testimonials I have not been to the stadium. I count my blessings to have played forManchester United. All my family are United fans and I have no bitterness towards Man United. Please make that clear.

"But when you get a letter from lawyers representing the club through your letter box then you wonder what it was all about. I rang (chief executive) David Gill and said, ‘What’s this all about?’

"I would love to think that I was more than an employee at Manchester United but maybe, ultimately, I wasn’t."

No comments:

Post a Comment