Sunday 9 October 2011

Man Utd legend Neville admits: I wish I was going to Liverpool

Sun, 10/09/2011

Manchester United legend Gary Neville admits he wishes he could pull the boots on again for his old team's trip to Liverpool.

Neville wrote in his column for the Mail on Sunday: "Wayne Rooney and Manchester United will be relieved England don’t have another game this week so that they can prepare for what is always one of the toughest games of the season: the trip to Liverpool on Saturday.

"Kenny Dalglish and the Liverpool players will feel the same. As a player, it was always the fixture I looked forward to most and the trip to Anfield is one of the biggest tests of a player.

"In the past three seasons, Liverpool have been fantastic in this fixture, so United players will need no reminding of what to expect. The atmosphere will be fantastic and it should be a great clash.

"My only disappointment is that I no longer have a chance to play in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment