Saturday 1 October 2011

Man Utd boss Ferguson admits Scholes pulled a Tevez on him

Sat, 10/01/2011

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of the time Paul Scholes 'did a Tevez'.

He faced his own striking player when Scholes once refused to board the team bus for a Carling Cup tie at arch-rivals Arsenal.

Fergie said: “I remember we had a really weakened team going down to Arsenal and I was looking around for one or two first-team regulars to balance out.

“I asked Paul and he said he didn’t really fancy it at all. I don’t think it was exactly a refusal to play.

“He felt I was picking him as a guinea pig to go down there simply because he was a local boy, maybe.

“He felt guilt with that maybe now and it’s written (Scholes’ book) that way. But it was not at the level that it was a refusal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment