Sunday 2 October 2011

Anderson: Every Man Utd midfielder stepping up in Scholes absence

Sun, 10/02/2011

Manchester United ace Anderson says all the midfielders are stepping up after Paul Scholes' retirement.

Anderson has been highlighted as the most likely to fill the void.

He told United Review: "All of our midfielders feel extra responsibility now because Scholesy was a fantastic player. I learnt a lot from him. He was amazing to play with. It’s hard to achieve what Scholes did, but my aim is to follow what he did for the team.

"I have grown up a lot since I joined the club and things have gone well so far this season, but I still don’t feel like I’m first choice. I know I have to work hard every single day for my place in the team because there are so many quality players in my position… Fletch, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Gibbo... I know that I have to keep improving in training so I’m ready for each game."

No comments:

Post a Comment