Wednesday 8 June 2011

Man Utd fullback Evra on title triumph: I always said keep the faith

08.06.11 | tribalfootball.com 

Manchester United fullback Patrice Evra is delighted his confidence in his teammates proved correct with their Premier League title triumph.
Earlier in the season, United were stranded in fourth place and had seen Wayne Rooney demand a move.
"A lot of people have criticised us - I remember some saying earlier in the season that it was the end of the empire," the 30-year-old said.
"There were some difficult times - if you look back to when we played Bursaspor, we were behind in the league and there were things going on off the pitch, but I remember doing an interview after that game where I said: 'You have to pay the musician at the end of the show, not now'. I always believed and I was proved right because we won the league."

No comments:

Post a Comment