Tuesday 1 May 2012

Man Utd boss Ferguson on Mancini bust-up: I was fed-up with him badgering ref

Tue, 05/01/2012


Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has explained his blow-up with Manchester City rivalRoberto Mancini during last night's dismal defeat.

City prevailed 1-0 thanks to captain Vincent Kompany's first-half header to take them top of the Barclays Premier League table, above United on goal difference with two games each left to play.

Ferguson said: "He was badgering the referee the whole game, the fourth official and the linesman, and the minute I go out there...

"He was complaining about referees all week, he can't be complaining tonight, that's for sure."

Victorious Mancini played the incident down, adding: "I don't remember (what the row was about). I told the fourth official it was a foul for us, not against.

"At that moment the tension was high, but for me it's forgotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment