Wednesday 16 May 2012

Man City chief Vieira not tempted by Man Utd's Scholes to end retirement

Wed, 05/16/2012

Manchester City chief Patrick Vieira isn't envious of Paul Scholes over his comeback forManchester United.

In a season when Scholes came out of retirement for Manchester United at 36 and Thierry Henry briefly rejoined Arsenal at 34, Vieira might have yearned to play in City's history-making win over QPRon Sunday.

But he said: "It was time for me to retire, but it was a real pleasure (watching them).

"I have been with the players and I know them quite well. I know how much they wanted it.

"There was a lot of pressure on their shoulders.

"There were so many negative aspects around the team but the attitude was to win the game and win the title.

"I am really pleased and really proud of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment