Friday 23 March 2012

Fulham boss Jol recalls rejecting assistant manager’s post at Man Utd

 Fri, 03/23/2012 


Fulham boss Martin Jol admires Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson and almost became his assistant in 2003/04.
Ferguson revealed last year he approached Jol about becoming his assistant while the Dutchman was in charge at RKC Waalwijk.
"At that time I met him only to have a conversation with him about everything," the Cottagers boss said.
"[The chance to become his assistant] was what he said afterwards. We talked football - they played Real Madrid with the 'big' Ronaldo - so it was nice.
"Later he said about the assistant manager post, but I remember his assistant Carlos Queiroz went to Spain to Real Madrid.
"He was sacked so there was always a possibility for him to take him back and that is what he did.
"I think that was good because I don't think I am the best assistant in the world.
"I have a good relationship with [Ferguson]. If you look at the stats, he is probably the best manager ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment