Friday 17 February 2012

Man Utd boss Ferguson: We were ordinary for Ajax win

Fri, 02/17/2012

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson branded their 2-0 Europa League win at Ajax as "ordinary".

With the second leg to come at Old Trafford next Thursday, United must be strong favourites to progress to face Lokomotiv Moscow or Athletic Bilbao in the next round of the Europa League with the Russians 2-1 ahead after their first-leg tie.

“I’m delighted with the scoreline but I think it was a very ordinary performance by us,” concededSir Alex. “We didn’t reach any great heights in the game.

"We did improve in the second half and I thought we deserved to win it but I didn’t think we played well at all. There was no rhythm to our game. I know Ajax can make it difficult with their system and they pressed the ball really well but we didn’t get any tempo to our game in the first half. We did improve in the second half but it was not a brilliant performance."

No comments:

Post a Comment